Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tofu Lettuce Wraps

This week I had dinner at the home of a very lovely couple. They hooked me on a brand new dish I'd never even thought to make! Tofu Lettuce Wraps :)

I spun it a little (as I do everything) in my own way but my taste buds are very thankful for the inspiration!

You'll need:


Green Leaf Lettuce
1 block Organic Firm Tofu
1 Zucchini
1/2 Lemon
1/2 c. of Corn (more or less to taste)
Garlic to taste (I used about 7 cloves but I'm a bit of a garlic freak and they were pre-roasted so they weren't as potent)
Soy Sauce
Sweet and Sour Sauce
Sriracha
(Spicy Mustard...I didn't use this time but wished I had)
Ginger
Salt
Pepper

I got my corn and garlic from an anti-pasta bar at the market but you could also use regular cob corn and raw garlic.

Here goes!


1.Add soy sauce and 1/4 lemon juice to a wok  or skillet and allow to heat
2. Cut Zucchini into fourths and add to wok
3. Let Zucchini cook for a minute or two and add corn and garlic, stir
4.In a separate skillet add soy sauce, the rest of the lemon juice and diced tofu
5.Mash tofu and scramble as you would an egg, it can be as chunky or smooth as you like
6. Add ginger and sriracha to taste


7. Once tofu has warmed, add it to the veggie mixture and let simmer until hot
8. Rinse and separate lettuce


Ta Da!!  Yummy, healthy lettuce wraps!

I added the sweet and sour sauce and sriracha into each lettuce wrap as I wanted...the sweet/spicy flavor was awesome! So tasty, I definitely ate WAY too much!

** You could have a side of brown rice with hoisin or sweet and sour OR Brussel sprouts and potatoes like my super cook friends served**

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment